Capsule wardrobe or not, I bet you’ve got a few pairs of jeans in your closet! Jeans are a capsule essential and we LOVE to help you find denim that fits perfectly, are comfortable, will last a long time and make YOU feel damn good wearing them. While there are mannnnyyy different styles out there you could try, today we’re going to highlight two different styles you should consider adding to your closet ASAP.
The Straight Leg
First up, straight leg jeans! Here are a few things you’re going to love about this fit:
- They’re versatile! Dress them up with a feminine blouse and neutral heel (we love these!) OR wear them casually with a classic rib tank and simple pool slide.
- Thanks to the raw hem, the length is easily customizable. Did you know we can do this for you in the shop?
- An ankle length allows for lotttssss of flexibility when it comes to shoe pairings - flats, heels, sneakers, etc. With a little room around your ankles, you can even wear them with boots like our Pontevedra Chelsea Boot.
- The flattering fit skims over your hips and sits straight on your body. They’re neither baggy or tight - perfect!
Ready to give them a try? Tap to shop The Distressed Straight Jeans now!
Next we have skinny jeans - a true capsule wardrobe OG. Here’s why you should have at least one pair in your closet:
- Regardless of body type, skinny jeans are flattering in that they contour to fit the lines of YOUR body, intentionally showing off your feminine figure.
- Again, they’re SO versatile and really easy to incorporate into your personal style whether you are more edgy, athletic or contemporary.
- When incorporating skinny jeans into your wardrobe, we recommend going with a classic dark wash and depending on how you are wearing them (dressed up or more casually) play with different elements through your top, shoes and accessories to keep your outfit fresh and unique.
Sometimes styling such a simple pair of jeans can seem the most challenging! Let’s talk about some new ways you can wear a pair of skinny jeans depending on your style or mood.
Edgy/Contemporary - Style a pair of black skinny jeans with a fitted bodysuit that has an interesting neckline like a wrap front or square top. Toss a cool boyfriend blazer over your shoulders, some leather pumps and layer on some mixed metal bracelets.
Bohemian/Feminine - Soften up a pair of dark wash skinny jeans with a floral printed blouse featuring warm earth tones and a flowy material. Pair with cognac colored clogs (these would be perfect!) or flatforms with minimalistic gold jewelry.
Athletic/Sporty - Swap your leggings for skinnies! A skinny jean adds texture and structure to an otherwise athletic outfit. You can keep things comfy with a boxy cropped tee, slip on sneakers (loving this style!) and a cool baseball cap. Add a fun earring for bonus points.
If a true capsule wardrobe is what you’re after, keep in mind that it’s best to have denim in multiple color washes to ensure your outfits stay fresh and versatile! Do you have both light and dark washes in your closet?